Thursday, December 21, 2006

Aris TT Bank - CSKA Moscow 62-65



This is what happens when we loose!
In front of a sell out crowd, Aris TT Bank gave the current Euroleague Champions a hard time before succumbing on details due to a turnover during the last attack.
This was the 1st home defeat, however the chances of qualifying to the next round are very much intact.


CSKA Moscow Guard,PAPALOUKAS, THEODOROS: "I haven’t felt like today for a long time. I was nervous before the game because of the support of the fans. However, I felt really proud and I should thank the fans for the standing ovation. Alexandreio is the most difficult arena I have ever played in. Maybe, there is no hottest court around Europe. The image of the fans will remain in my soul forever."

Aris TT Bank Head Coach, MAZZON, ANDREA: "I am very proud of my team today because we struggled for the win until the final buzzer of the game against the current Euroleague Champion. Even though we had higher evaluation number, we lost the game! Let me repeat that we can qualify for the next round with such huge support in Alexandreio. Our fans are absolutely incredible."

They are indeed incredible, and I will be one of them on the next home game against Napoli at the beggining of January.

1 comment:

Pericles Christou said...

Yiannis you really love your city where I have been a few days ago. For this reason visit the www.city231.gr to see what happens in the vivid Thessaloniki. I must admit that women there are gorgeous. Shouldnot I have to mention this? :-)

Take care mate